Monday 17 September 2012

Week Beginning 10th Sept

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 8:36 AM
7.86mi, 1:05:40 (8:22/mi) - After feeling massively ropey Sunday night after the Grunty Fen today I just wanted to get some running done. Went out before work as on the shitty 11:30-8 shift with Edgars and ran super slow. Legs didn't feel too bad after the half the day before considering. As we came back through town saw Pre off to get a coffee so had a nice catch up from Sunday's race.

Tues, Sep 11, 2012  8:34 AM
4.78 mi, 34:54 (7:18/mi) - Plan was to get two runs in today, but just didn't have the time after work to get anything else in so just ended up with the easy one in the morning. Again me and Edgars headed out nice and early, I've never seen anyone so cold, full tracksuit! Legs felt good, nice and easy miling again.

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 8:37 AM
7.07 mi,  55:09 (7:48/mi) - Back to painfully slow running. Out on a variation of the Orton Mere route. Really starting to get into the swing of running before work now.

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 8:58 AM
4.52 mi, 26:47 (5:55/mi) - Not as planned due to arriving at the track and finding it in use by a load of lads from the Army. The plan was for 18x400m @ 10k pace. As I didn't have much time to plan anything else I just went for a tempo. After surprising myself in the HM on Sunday ticking off 5:40s this felt comfortable for 26 mins which is a good sign I guess? Really wanted to try and get out again in the evening but again finishing at 8 made it tricky. Had to do this on my own too which I'm normally massively against.

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 8:29 AM
6.88 mi, 57:43 (8:23/mi) - Possibly the slowest run I've ever done after Monday, Edgars is now nicknamed Chief pacemaker for all slow runs. Just wanted to get some time on my legs today really. Used the familiar Orton Mere route, risked going back by the river as the rain had been kind this week and was all clear!

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 2:01 PM
2.78 mi, 23:02 (8:17/mi) - Just ran a lap of the course for the St. Albans relays. Managed to get lost and then go the opposite way route the course. Possibly one of the worst courses I've ever seen.

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 3:03 PM
2.78 mi, 15:11 (5:17/mi) - Edgars bought me into a handy 2nd place just off Highgate and infront of a group of lads. Set off maybe 10 seconds behind Highgate and maybe pushed a little hard in the first mile clocking 5:10. I overtook him after approx. 400m and just tried to build the lead. The course was awful, after the initial loop we ran on a course similar to Markeeten Park in Derby just with the addition of 100s of families walking over the racing line! I thought I was going to have some company coming up to the first mile marker as St Albans home team started closing on me, I just tried to keep focused and not lost the rhythm. I felt quite strong working the climb and really got a gap out and then it was a really fast section downhill to the second mile marker. From here it was just a drag in and I handed over to Vernau with a 20 second gap. Overall felt a bit lacking in pace, maybe lacking from no sessions this week.

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 3:42 PM
3.47 mi, 31:57 (9:12/mi) - Warm down was more of a find where Pre got lost! Got cheering Sean in too which was good, finished in 2nd to find no prize at all! Won't be racing there again next year.

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 10:06 AM 
14.52 mi, 1:46:28 (7:19/mi) - One of the faster runs of the week. Managed to get a group of 8 lads which is the most we've had out in possibly ever! Felt really easy today, I can't wait to get out racing again!

Total Weekly Mileage 54.75 mi - Little bit short of what I hoped but this is still one of my biggest weeks. Next week I need to get some sessions in and hopefully finish the week strong with the Abbey 10k. Back to morning shifts as well so might double up a few days, 4 day week as well which makes me feel so lazy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment