Sunday 30 September 2012

Week Starting 24th Sept

Mon, Sep 24, 2012 7:23 PM
8.69 mi, 1:06:53 (7:42/mi) - Day after the 10k race which went really well. Run was nice and steady as usual, just shaking out the legs really. Knee occasionally felt a bit sore so tried to keep on the grass as much as possible. If it carries on like this I might go to a physio as it has it's good days now and then but it does get a bit irritating!

Tues, Sep 25
I didn't do anything today, I had planned on getting down to the track after work and doing 6x800 session, but after I had finished work at 6:30 I missed the first bus and then had a bit of a tosser driver on the one I got on which meant by the time I got into Peterborough it was already 7:15. I had a quick think about it but it was just too late, once I had warmed up etc done my session then got home I wouldn't have been able to get any food until nearly 10! I don't think a day off once in a while will hurt anyway!

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 6:05 PM  
10:62 mi, 1:28:05 (8:18/mi) - After the day off yesterday felt really good today, although we were running pretty slow! Was nice to get Tommy out, this was his longest ever run as well! Edgars was also in attendance. Picked a similar route to usual (off towards Ferry Meadows) but took a new route back, just under Thomas Cook on the bottom road. Nice wood chippings down there and then some pretty cool wooden bridges? Slightly more of a technical route, it reminded me of running at Mansfield. We were quite lucky to keep in the light, just turned dark as we got home (helped by working an earlier shift today).

Thu, Sep 27, 2012 6:59 AM
4.84 mi 36:42 (7:35/mi) - First morning run of the week, just ticking over really. First run with headphones in, I don't think I was properly awake until half way through anyway! Nothing more to add to this run really, felt pretty average, faster than most of my morning runs, maybe because Edgars bailed on me ...

Thu, Sep 27, 2012 7:13 PM
5.21 mi, 38:14 (7:21/mi) - I had planned doing a session tonight as I missed out on Tuesday but the great man (Churchy) advised to just go out for a run with some efforts in. Annoyingly we pretty much did the same route as I did this morning, with 0.2mi to the track and back +_+. It was so cold as well this evening, definitely was leggined up (new word!). Felt pretty crappy doing my efforts, only 2 minutes long though and I only ended up doing 2. Another good consistent turn out, just missing Pre as he was poorly.

Fri, Sep 28, 2012 7:46 PM  
6.00 mi, 42:36 (7:06/mi) - Started off a fair bit slower than what we averaged for this. Got 5 of us out again which is always good. Ran towards Paston church and then headed back a lot of the GER route. Was a bit dodgey when we weren't on the road just because it was so dark. When we got back towards Eastfield Road a group of drunk lads starting running with us, which we starting picking the pace up - didn't want any bother. We were almost doing 6:00 mi and 2 of them were still running with us for a good half a mile! Did see the funny side of it afterwards to be honest.

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 5:08 PM
8.16 mi, 55:17 (6:46/mi) - Fastest run in ages! Quite consistent at the start though, through the grass towards Ferry Meadows, then once we hit the road going back through Longthrope it was downhill a fair amount of it! Miles 6-8 were between 6:24 and 6:15 pace. No Vernau tonight as he was off to a stag do, so just Edgars, Pre and myself. Had a good stretch at the end - need to start getting a lot more stretching in really. We've been looking at the routes we run as well, want to try and keep as much on the grass as we can. Don't want to hit 40 and have no knees left!

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 9:57 AM   
15.30 mi, 1:48:50 (7:07/mi) - This took a fair amount of playing as we were unsure if we should head over to Spalding and do the 10k there. In the end after looking at the prize money available and the entry fee/petrol to get there we decided just to run locally. Pre, Edgars, Paul and I in attendance, would have been nicer to get a few more guys out but everyone else was busy/racing. Went out for the normal Sunday route, altered it slightly on the approach to Werrington, just to try and keep on the grass a bit more. Once we got out of Werrington towards Marholm we got literally turned a corner and just got hit by wind. With the size of us guys it didn't make it easy to hide behind anyone either, although we did keep the pace reasonable, especially for a Sunday run. I made the mistake of wearing a jacket as well today, which was great whilst we were running in the wind, but as soon as we hit Ferry Meadows it was like I was sitting in a sauna.  
After we found the cool little trial path at the bottom of Thomas Cook we went that way back which was nice again, just saps the pace a little out the run. Same with running on the grass by the golf course and running by the river a bit further up. We ended up just doing a lap of the park as well, just to make it up to 15 mi (slightly over), picked the pace up nicely near the end as well. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the trend up for GER.
I couldn't believe how many runners were about this morning, counted 15 on the whole run, not including us of course. You can tell what they're all training for! I also couldn't believe Paul went off to do another 11 miles, crazy!

Total Weekly Mileage - 58.81 miles 
Little bit short of what I had planned, but then that's because I missed Tuesday so I'm still happy with what I got in. This week was generally a fair bit faster than the week before, although still feeling alright. Sunday felt good, and was happy to be able to keep the pace up near the end. Want to try and do my Sunday run next week with a gel, just to get some practice of taking them on whilst running. Might take a drinks bottle for a few runs as well as this is where I really struggled at Grunty Fen and I ended up being pretty ill due to being dehydrated. 
I'd have liked to have run the Harrier League on Wednesday, just to see where I am over 5k but unfortuntely I'm working until 8 so all my running next week will have to be in the morning and then if I want to double up I'll have to do the shorter stuff in the evening - in the dark :(

Thanks for reading again, if anyone has any ideas what else I can add give me a tweet or facebook message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment