Sunday 28 October 2012

Week Starting 22nd Oct

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 8:05 AM
8.33 mi, 1:08:40 (8:14/mi) - Recovery run really from the weekend, felt so much worse than yesterday. I think the muddy hills had just caught up with my calves as they felt awful. Steady pace throughout, wasn't that cold this morning although still kept wrapped up with leggins and jacket. All week going to have to be the horrible early runs as I'm on late shifts.

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 8:31 AM 
4.67 mi, 39:25 (8:32/mi) - Ran to the track this morning with my bag on so pace was slow. Intended to do 6x1000m, but got kicked off the track for not paying the stupid summer membership thing so ended up just going for a run, luckily Edgars had come as well. Last mile was quite slow again as had my bag.

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 8:06 AM  
10.07 mi, 1:17:11 (7:40/mi) - Felt a bit better this morning, went off steady and then started to pick it up as felt better throughout. Nearly even got down to 7:00/mi. Super early again, takes me and Edgars both really struggle for the first two or three miles just due to literally waking up and running. Calves felt a bit shitty still, but eased up throughout, especially after 3/4 miles. Wore my heart rate monitor today as well, HR gradually increased throughout and got up to about 160.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 8:02 AM 
8.47 mi, 1:02:07 (7:20/mi) - Better again today, felt quite good towards the end, really picked the pace up from 5 mile. Calves again were a bit tight for the first 3/4 miles. Had a 6:55 and 6:45 in the middle and then backed the pace off just to bring it in home on the last mile. Was surprising warmer than it looked and I had definitely overdressed. Just out with Edgars again.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 8:06 AM 
8.75 mi, 1:07:04 (7:40/mi) - Pace today wasn't quite as fast as yesterday, we did start to pick it up slightly still but not to the same extent as yesterday. Last few miles were the fastest, the first few miles were the same as they had been all week just painfully slow. Went a different route towards Ferry Meadows as made the mistake of going by the rowing lake on Wednesday and it was massively flooded. Good bit of stretching today, had to go in shorts though as all my leggins etc.

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 9:06 AM  
5.01 mi, 38:03 (7:36/mi) - Just went out for a quick shake up before the race tomorrow, just went out early to get it done as we were going to see 73c members before they all head off to Florida. Was horrible and cold as well, remembered to get the gloves out as well! Wanted to do strides but was too cold so just had a hot shower instead, made it up to 5.00 as well.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 9:12 AM   
2.09 mi, 16:00 (7:39/mi) - Amazingly managed to get this to 16:00 exactly. Just ran the last mile of the course which ended up be helpful in the race. Felt okay, was so so cold and wore so much to warm up in! Edgars actually warmed up in a skiing jacket.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 10:00 AM  
10.00 mi, 55:53 (5:35/mi) - 5:32, 5:36, 5:34, 5:39, 5:33, 5:27, 5:41, 5:44, 5:36, 5:26.
Good day at the office really, big pb for me. It was absolutely freezing, but braved it out in the vest and shorts, it was raining just before the race as well so we were soaked before we even started racing. First mile Aaron and a lad from Norwich got away straight away, wasn't worth going with them. Settled down in a good group, Mikey, Edgars, Charles from C&C and myself, Dad wasn't far off either. 5:32, just started to tick them off from here. Same with the second mile, but we seemed to be pulling away from my Dad. Nothing eventful happened really for the next few miles, I got a bit of a gap up one of the fly overs unintentionally so really wanted the other lads to group up with me going down the other side. Dropped Charles around 4 miles, didn't really see much of him after this. After 5 miles and a shoddy bit of marshaling I tried something new and kicked off round a tight bend. This mile was 5:27, felt strong pushing off and managed to get about 10 second gap in the next two miles. Massive mistake as in this point I then had to run through the wind on my own (miles 7-8). At this point the gap between Edgars, Mikey and myself was no smaller (or bigger) and I did think I had done enough to keep hold of 3rd place. Until 8.5 miles, where Edgars seemed to think it was time to move through. He caught me through the 9 mile marker and even though I ran my fastest mile the last mile, he managed to pull out a 5:08 which I just couldn't live with. Happy with the time, was quite windy for 2 miles and I was happy that I had the confidence to try something different to take Edgars down.

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 11:11 AM  
2.52 mi, 20:42 (8:13/mi) - Had to make sure I got over 2.5 miles for the 60 mile week. Felt already, just getting a warm down done, got nice and wrapped up. Had a bit of a pain in my left side groin but hopefully it'll go soon.

Total Weekly Mileage - 60.00 miles
Amazingly I managed to exactly hit 60 miles this week, which is my biggest so far. Happy with how it generally went just because I could only get 1 run a day in. I'd have preferred to have got a session in but I don't think it's a massive loss. I'm hoping to try and get a few double days in for next week, and hopefully at least one session. Need to make some more plans for what's going to happen in Portugal session and transport wise etc. My next race will be the relays next weekend, ideally I want to run either first or second leg to try and get in the mix, but I'll be a long long way off the pace! So main aim for now is to try and get in a good shape for the Abbey Dash 10k where I want to try and break 33 minutes. 

Thanks for reading again guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment